Monday, May 02, 2016

My Love & my Lord















Known you as a distant light
Wanted to know as a Valiant might

Admired you for reasons unknown
A princess of my sky, lively crown

As I beheld your silhouette a day
Saw then a treasure in life's bay

A heart of innocence, mind a shine
Wanted to cuddle with all that is mine

Yet stayed away knowing tenderness sweet
Cannot so pursue and affections meet

Wondered if I can pour out such,
And like a torrent the quantum much,

Know then a fact that I was called to bear,
If I can myself make mine love so dear,

How much more my creator shall,
His arms around you, love enthrall,

He seeks your life, to change it high,
As he asks you, child come so nigh

I realize now that my love for you
However pulsating, sweet as morning dew

Will not match that of our beloved divine,
He stepped in his creation with love in line,

What a god we have and to hold,
Always there for us to behold,

As long as I am breathe in this life of mine,
Will pour my affections like river rhine,

Together we will discover life, soul, spirit whole,
Another man in our equation who marries our soul,

The son of god born as the son of man,
To make sons of men, sons of god divine,

Be with me girl, my affections are grand,
Never been in a flood, hope you understand

Sweeping me away like a chaff little
I knew not you, could make me so brittle,

Let's journey as friends, the best known,
Worship a living god, who speaks alone,

A relationship with almighty, what blessed state,
Till our last days on our journey to the pearly gates,

Girl my girl, my affections like a hearbeat
Pulsates through the annals of time's beat

Living in spatial three, the fabric of universe
His hand is above, around, below the very us,

You are sweetest smile have seen, fragrant soul,
Smiles are mine, him your soul eternal whole,


Stay blessed girl, am there all life season
Know that Jesus is all that we have, life's reason

Hold my hands, my affections are thine,
However clasp your hands and thank the divine,

We have a family full of treasure aglow,
Let's love them, let's pray, bless and bow,

Now when you read this my sweetest girl
Don't let your emotions untwirl,

Will always be there beside you, a friend,
Through life's journeys through all the bends.

© Jesu Valiant